Would your club like to host a fun packed football festival with a chance to win a visit from a Scottish FA ambassador and host a range of McDonald’s inflatable games? Following on from the success in 2015, the Scottish FA and McDonald’s have launched the 2016 Community Football Days.
The Community Football Days showcase grassroots football and can be used as a recruitment vehicle to engage families and bring new players and volunteers into local Scottish FA Quality Mark clubs.
To be in with a chance to host a Community Football Day and a visit from a football ambassador your event must take place between June and September.
Six clubs across Scotland will be selected for support to host a Community Football Day with 2 of these chosen as Hero events at which a football ambassador will attend along with McDonald’s inflatable games.
All clubs that sign up but that are not selected will be given access to a resource pack outlining how you can still run an open day at your club.
What does a Community Football day entail?
• An open event which encourages existing members and their families to participate along with new members from the local community
• Rotational fun football games that include all ages and genders, encouraging new players to join a club and helping to develop existing players
• Small sided games for players to transfer their skills into matches
• Existing and new volunteers (juniors & adults) coaching, coordinating and refereeing games
Who is the Community Football Day suitable for?
• New and experienced players
• Those looking to volunteer at a club
What can participants expect?
• A fun, inclusive day for all the family
• An opportunity to play football and learn new skills from accredited coaches
• Supervision and encouragement
• A chance to become a part of your local football club
WANT TO RUN YOUR OWN MCDONALD’S COMMUNITY FOOTBALL DAY?
Click on www.mcdonalds.co.uk/communityfootballdays to register your event so that we can support with its promotion. Your club will then be entered into a draw to become one of six official regional Community Football Days.